Energy Administrator, Field Technician, Weatherization and Housing Inspector, Weatherization Installer, Weatherization Technician, Weatherization Worker
Perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient. Duties include repairing windows, insulating ducts, and performing heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) work. May perform energy audits and advise clients on energy conservation measures.
- Test combustible appliances, such as gas appliances.
- Determine amount of air leakage in buildings, using a blower door machine
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
- Install and seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Inspect buildings to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work, modification, or replacement.
- Data base user interface and query software — Database software Hot technology ; Energy use ratings databases; Microsoft Access Hot technology
- Development environment software — Apache Ant Hot technology
- Electronic mail software — Microsoft Outlook Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology