Fiber Optics Technician, Laser Technician, Optomechanical Technician, Photonic Laboratory Technician (Photonic Lab Tech), Photonics Technician, Ruling Technician
Build, install, test, or maintain optical or fiber optic equipment, such as lasers, lenses, or mirrors, using spectrometers, interferometers, or related equipment.
- Maintain clean working environments, according to clean room standards.
- Compute or record photonic test data.
- Adjust or maintain equipment, such as lasers, laser systems, microscopes, oscilloscopes, pulse generators, power meters, beam analyzers, or energy measurement devices.
- Set up or operate assembly or processing equipment, such as lasers, cameras, die bonders, wire bonders, dispensers, reflow ovens, soldering irons, die shears, wire pull testers, temperature or humidity chambers, or optical spectrum analyzers.
- Document procedures, such as calibration of optical or fiber optic equipment.
- Analytical or scientific software — Data acquisition software; Statistical analysis software; The MathWorks MATLAB Hot technology
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Hot technology; ZEMAX Optical Design Program
- Data base user interface and query software — Database software Hot technology; Microsoft Access Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology