Arson Investigator, Fire Code Inspector, Fire Inspector, Fire Investigator, Fire Official, Fire Prevention Inspector, Fire Prevention Specialist, Fire Protection Specialist, Fire Safety Inspector, Fire Safety Specialist
Inspect buildings to detect fire hazards and enforce local ordinances and state laws, or investigate and gather facts to determine cause of fires and explosions.
- Prepare and maintain reports of investigation results, and records of convicted arsonists and arson suspects.
- Testify in court cases involving fires, suspected arson, and false alarms.
- Package collected pieces of evidence in securely closed containers, such as bags, crates, or boxes, to protect them.
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Analyze evidence and other information to determine probable cause of fire or explosion.
- Analytical or scientific software — Consolidated Model of Fire and Smoke Transport CFAST; Fire Dynamics Software FDS
- Data base user interface and query software — Code database software; Microsoft Access Hot technology; National Fire Incident Reporting System NFIRS
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology