Applied Behavior Science Specialist (ABSS), Child Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Therapist, Counseling Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Pediatric Psychologist, Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Assess, diagnose, and treat mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests. Help individuals with distress or maladjustment understand their problems through their knowledge of case history, interviews with patients, and theory. Provide individual or group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment. May design behavior modification programs and consult with medical personnel regarding the best treatment for patients.
- Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
- Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, deal with crisis situations, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
- Document patient information including session notes, progress notes, recommendations, and treatment plans.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, or vocational development and adjustment.
- Develop therapeutic and treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, or needs.
- Analytical or scientific software — Comprehensive Affect Testing System CATS; Noldus Information Technology The Observer XT; Statistical software; Testing software
- Calendar and scheduling software — SpectraSoft AppointmentsPRO; Thriveworks TherapyBuddy
- Medical software — Addison Health Systems WritePad EHR; Athena Software Penelope Case Management; Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS Hot technology; UNI/CARE Pro-Filer
- Spreadsheet software — Google Sheets; Microsoft Excel Hot technology
- Word processing software — Google Docs Hot technology; Microsoft Word Hot technology